Monday, November 24, 2003
Do Protesters Care About Other Countries?

I saw a kid yesterday wearing a shirt that had a picture of Dubya with the caption, "International Terrorist" safety-pinned on his black shirt, black jacket, and black tight pants equipped with more safety pins gripping anarchy patches and the like (I wonder if he knows he's conforming?). I thought to myself, "I wonder if he sympathizes with the Iraqi people he's supporting," and quickly answered, "no, of course not." I looked on the I-net (which is what I now call the internet because I'm awesome), and realized that first, he had to order the large patch from one of many websites with a credit card, and secondly that the patch costs upwards of $35 Canadian (differing from site to site).

Being a Texan, and an American, I of course asked what reason the guy had for calling Dubya a terrorist. To answer my question he said something about how he didn't agree with the killing of all the innocent and poor people living in Iraq. Now I understand why he wouldn't "agree" with killing innocent people, but after seeing only the cost of the patch he was wearing, I find it hard to believe that he knows or even cares about what the Iraqi people are going through. Apparently they're not "going through" too much, seeing as how most of the people in Iraq want the US to stay (thank you Steyn). I concluded that he was just spouting lines from somebody else who wanted to be shocking.

My conclusion brought me to another question: Do protesters care about the countries they support? Are they protesting because they hate the US, or because they have nothing better to do? Riddle me that.

Comments: Post a Comment

A webjournal of ideas, comments, and various other miscellany from a Texan university student (with occasional input from his family) living in Toronto, Ontario. Can you say "culture shock?"

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Transplanted Texan!

powered by Bloglet

< ? Texas Blogs # >
Entertainment Center

Solidaridad
"Con las víctimas, con la Constitución, por la derrota del terrorismo"

Search

The Transplanted Texan
The Web

Current Mood:



Latest Music On iTunes

Site Feed

Thoughts

On Truth
A Clarification On Media Bias
A Bit Of An Issue
[Defending My Position]
Canada And Cynicism
Inauthentic Authenticity
Conspiracy Theories
Conspiracy Theories, Redux
Musings

On 9/11 And Terror
Monochromatic Thinking
A Day Worth Remembering

On Politics And Public Issues
The Art Of Listening
The American System
A Clarification On Media Bias
Pleasure
A Bit Of An Issue
Little Longer Than Expected
Speaking For All Of Us?

On Poetry
Spirit
Counteract
Virus
Something I've Been Meaning To Do

(Some Of) What I Read:

Friends & Family

Canadiana

BlogRoll

Archives

Blog Links

Listed on BlogsCanada Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise

Subscribe with Bloglines