Monday, September 08, 2003
Comments In Person

Laurie, what you said is true:

...you told me in PERSON you are only letting family members join.

...but that still does not make me a liar. I never said posting would be open to everyone, and I even stated in my first response to you that, for the moment, posting is only open to family members. While I may change things in the future, these statements are totally true. I think you may be misunderstanding what I mean when I say 'join this blog'. Everyone in the world may read it (that's pretty much the point), but only those people whom I choose to allow may post here. Your friends are still able to read what you write, and are able to even email you in return (as they are your friends, they know your email address, right?), but they aren't able to post messages on the site.

The blog is a one-way communication method for myself (and the rest of my siblings) to the outside world. Those of us with the privilege of posting here may discuss things amongst ourselves, but the rest of the world must be content to read along. Which is really what the whole of the "blogsphere" is all about. Now granted, I'd be very interested in including some way for readers (not that there are many) to leave comments on the site, but without some extra money, that option is not available to me.

Anyway, I'm not a liar, you merely misunderstood, and need to go re-read what I have written.
Comments: Post a Comment

A webjournal of ideas, comments, and various other miscellany from a Texan university student (with occasional input from his family) living in Toronto, Ontario. Can you say "culture shock?"

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Transplanted Texan!

powered by Bloglet

< ? Texas Blogs # >
Entertainment Center

Solidaridad
"Con las víctimas, con la Constitución, por la derrota del terrorismo"

Search

The Transplanted Texan
The Web

Current Mood:



Latest Music On iTunes

Site Feed

Thoughts

On Truth
A Clarification On Media Bias
A Bit Of An Issue
[Defending My Position]
Canada And Cynicism
Inauthentic Authenticity
Conspiracy Theories
Conspiracy Theories, Redux
Musings

On 9/11 And Terror
Monochromatic Thinking
A Day Worth Remembering

On Politics And Public Issues
The Art Of Listening
The American System
A Clarification On Media Bias
Pleasure
A Bit Of An Issue
Little Longer Than Expected
Speaking For All Of Us?

On Poetry
Spirit
Counteract
Virus
Something I've Been Meaning To Do

(Some Of) What I Read:

Friends & Family

Canadiana

BlogRoll

Archives

Blog Links

Listed on BlogsCanada Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise

Subscribe with Bloglines