Monday, March 08, 2004
Even Slower

Well guess what? An hour and a half of Mathematical Philosophy didn't help matters - maybe I should just go to bed?

It's strange. When I'm sitting in that little breakfast nook, with my morning paper and Handspring, I can write and (if I may be permitted a little immodesty) write well. But when I'm sitting in front of my big honkin' desktop, looking at the same stuff I was working on not but a few hours before, it doesn't feel the same, and I can't get going again.

See, this is why I think trading my desktop for a laptop would be a good thing for my 'writing life.' It'll allow me to have a more powerful system when I go mobile, and write just about wherever I am. Assuming the muse hits, of course. That way I could pull out my full-featured word processor whenever the moment strikes - man, that would be nice.

This has been one of those days - aside from being slow, or perhaps as a result - where you get upset because people aren't at your beck and call. It's not a rational thing, of course - but since when is humanity rational? Either my reading isn't exciting (why couldn't this author have written a better book?!), or my friends aren't around (why aren't you there when I ring?), or the crowds using the TTC are going out of their way to get into mine (c'mon, don't make me late - please?).

One of those days where you just want to go back to bed (which, of course, is a cliché so old that I'm feeling even worse about today for having used it). It would've been nice had the sun been out, like it was last week; but even the weather is conspiring against me.

Ah well - tomorrow is another day, and, with luck, a better one.

Oh - one good thing? Tonic.

Tonic, Tonic, Tonic. And even more Tonic. Seriously, the only redeeming part of my day was their music. Give 'em a spin if you get a chance.

Comments: Post a Comment

A webjournal of ideas, comments, and various other miscellany from a Texan university student (with occasional input from his family) living in Toronto, Ontario. Can you say "culture shock?"

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Transplanted Texan!

powered by Bloglet

< ? Texas Blogs # >
Entertainment Center

Solidaridad
"Con las víctimas, con la Constitución, por la derrota del terrorismo"

Search

The Transplanted Texan
The Web

Current Mood:



Latest Music On iTunes

Site Feed

Thoughts

On Truth
A Clarification On Media Bias
A Bit Of An Issue
[Defending My Position]
Canada And Cynicism
Inauthentic Authenticity
Conspiracy Theories
Conspiracy Theories, Redux
Musings

On 9/11 And Terror
Monochromatic Thinking
A Day Worth Remembering

On Politics And Public Issues
The Art Of Listening
The American System
A Clarification On Media Bias
Pleasure
A Bit Of An Issue
Little Longer Than Expected
Speaking For All Of Us?

On Poetry
Spirit
Counteract
Virus
Something I've Been Meaning To Do

(Some Of) What I Read:

Friends & Family

Canadiana

BlogRoll

Archives

Blog Links

Listed on BlogsCanada Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise

Subscribe with Bloglines