Wednesday, June 09, 2004
Personal Updates

Hey, folks!

Sorry for the lack of posting today - things were a bit hectic 'round here.

To answer Brian's question, no yesterday's multitude of postings did not come at the expense of a workout - class has ended early for the past three days (including today), and this has allowed me to get to the gym earlier than usual, and get home earlier than usual - so this left me with more time to blog.

As for today's goings-on, I've been writing. A lot. I'm nearly done with the first draft of my first short story - all that is left is to write up the conclusion to the plot (woo-hoo!). The second and third stories are also well underway.

Before I launched into my fiction-writing escapade, however, I wrote (and turned in) my first 'position paper' for American Lit. We discussed these papers in our seminar, and I'm pleased to announce that if the TA grades according to the way our discussion went, I might just have netted myself an A. I honestly owe this grade (assuming it comes back as good as it feels like it will) to this blog. It's allowed me to sharpen my argumentation skills to the degree that this paper was quite possibly the easiest I've had to churn out in all of University (I was to defend or attack a critic's view of Edith Wharton's novel Ethan Frome - I was able to use a semi-Fisk style to demonstrate the weakness of his position).

I'm rambling now, as I'm tired (long workout), and ready for bed - so I'll let y'all go (not that you're held here anyway). See you tomorrow, when I hope to (finally) return to my long-post format. 'Night!

Comments: Post a Comment

A webjournal of ideas, comments, and various other miscellany from a Texan university student (with occasional input from his family) living in Toronto, Ontario. Can you say "culture shock?"

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Transplanted Texan!

powered by Bloglet

< ? Texas Blogs # >
Entertainment Center

Solidaridad
"Con las víctimas, con la Constitución, por la derrota del terrorismo"

Search

The Transplanted Texan
The Web

Current Mood:



Latest Music On iTunes

Site Feed

Thoughts

On Truth
A Clarification On Media Bias
A Bit Of An Issue
[Defending My Position]
Canada And Cynicism
Inauthentic Authenticity
Conspiracy Theories
Conspiracy Theories, Redux
Musings

On 9/11 And Terror
Monochromatic Thinking
A Day Worth Remembering

On Politics And Public Issues
The Art Of Listening
The American System
A Clarification On Media Bias
Pleasure
A Bit Of An Issue
Little Longer Than Expected
Speaking For All Of Us?

On Poetry
Spirit
Counteract
Virus
Something I've Been Meaning To Do

(Some Of) What I Read:

Friends & Family

Canadiana

BlogRoll

Archives

Blog Links

Listed on BlogsCanada Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise

Subscribe with Bloglines