Tuesday, June 01, 2004
A Questionairre Before Bed

Here are my answers to the "Honest-Bloggers-Only" quiz that is floating around the 'Net:

1. Which political party do you typically agree with?

The party that conserves liberal ideals. (ie. Republicans in the US, Conservatives in Canada - so long as they are actually honoring true liberalism)

2. Which political party do you typically vote for?

The same.

3. List the last five presidents that you voted for.

Bush The Younger (I'm only old enough to have voted once for the Presidency)

4. Which party do you think is smarter about the economy?

Republicans (I'm leaving the Canadian parties out of this one, because I see them all as rather wrong - just to varying degrees).

5. Which party do you think is smarter about domestic affairs?

Republicans and Conservatives

6. Do you think we should keep our troops in Iraq or pull them out?

Staying the course is absolutely vital.

7. Who, or what country, do you think is most responsible for 9/11?

Hmmm, let's think - who was it again that crashed planes into the WTC? Oh yeah...Al Qaeda! And the long-missing (and perhaps deceased) Osama Bin Laden.

8. Do you think we will find weapons of mass destruction in iraq?

Well, we've already found some of them (which, by the way, is technically all we ever needed to locate). On a tangential note, I think that those 'missing' WMD 'grew legs and proliferated' because the world community didn't act soon enough.

9. Yes or no, should the U.S. legalize marijuana?

No. I've got caveats, but you just wanted yes/no, so you get to miss out on my discussion.

10. Do you think the republicans stole the last presidental election?

Pardon me while I pick myself up off the floor (on which I was rolling around, laughing my proverbial buttocks off): No.

11. Do you think Bill Clinton should have been impeached because of what he did with Monica Lewinski?

Well, given that he wasn't technically on trial for what he did with Ms. Lewinski, no I don't. However, he was on trial for obstructing justice in a too-soon-forgotten real scandal (involving the misappropriation of funds both private and public, and the ensuing cover-up), and for that he should have been impeached, yes.

12. Do you think Hillary Clinton would make a good president?

I'd roll around laughing again, if I weren't so frightened by the prospect. No, and God save us all.

13. Name a current Democrat who would make a great president:

I could throw my support behind Lieberman, but only if Zell Miller doesn't count (because he's retiring).

14. Name a current Republican who would make a great President:

Bush. Want some more? Rice. Rumsfeld. Guilliani. David Sibley (aww, he retired, too.)

15. Do you think that women should have the right to have an abortion?

Not any more than I should have the right to kill whomever I deem inconvienient.

16. What religion are you?

Christian>Evangelical>Reformed>Piecemeal Calvinist.

17. Have you read the Bible all the way through?

In one sitting? No. Altogether? Certainly.

18. What's your favorite book?

Too many to choose from. Some of my recent faves include Orson Scott Card's Ender series (though I like the first book more than the rest), Stephen King's Green Mile, and the complete collection of Mark Twain's essays that I'm currently working my way through. But that doesn't begin to cover it. There's a lot more, and a lot more that I have yet to read.

19. Who is your favorite band?

It varies from day to day. Most often split among Jars of Clay, Sister Hazel, and Matchbox Twenty, but don't let that fool you. My tastes are rather eclectic. (Can anyone who regularly enjoys Autopilot Off, Rachmaninoff, and Yoko Kanno truly be classified?)

20. Who do you think you'll vote for president in the next election?

Bush, as soon as my absentee ballot arrives.

21. What website did you see this on first?

Beth Mauldin's.

Comments: Post a Comment

A webjournal of ideas, comments, and various other miscellany from a Texan university student (with occasional input from his family) living in Toronto, Ontario. Can you say "culture shock?"

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Transplanted Texan!

powered by Bloglet

< ? Texas Blogs # >
Entertainment Center

Solidaridad
"Con las víctimas, con la Constitución, por la derrota del terrorismo"

Search

The Transplanted Texan
The Web

Current Mood:



Latest Music On iTunes

Site Feed

Thoughts

On Truth
A Clarification On Media Bias
A Bit Of An Issue
[Defending My Position]
Canada And Cynicism
Inauthentic Authenticity
Conspiracy Theories
Conspiracy Theories, Redux
Musings

On 9/11 And Terror
Monochromatic Thinking
A Day Worth Remembering

On Politics And Public Issues
The Art Of Listening
The American System
A Clarification On Media Bias
Pleasure
A Bit Of An Issue
Little Longer Than Expected
Speaking For All Of Us?

On Poetry
Spirit
Counteract
Virus
Something I've Been Meaning To Do

(Some Of) What I Read:

Friends & Family

Canadiana

BlogRoll

Archives

Blog Links

Listed on BlogsCanada Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise

Subscribe with Bloglines