Wednesday, July 21, 2004
Disappearance

Okay, so I vanished for a while. Matter of fact, I'm probably still not back yet. I've got school things keeping me busy, among other distractions. Plus the fact that I'm writing. And I don't mean just prose, either. Poetry, novels, short stories, I'm doing the whole gamut. It's quite enthralling, but as a result, I rarely have the drive to put up a post or two, even if it's just to let you - dear readers - know what's going on.

So no, I haven't gone missing in reality. But I am rather busy. With luck, things will slow down after the next few assignments are in, tests taken, and grades given (by the way, I figure I have a solid A in pre-1960 American Lit - this from the three papers I've already gotten back, not a one below A-). But who knows even then? I've got another move coming up at the end of August (vacating Toronto for what might be the final time...wow - heavy), and I'll be a bit fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants-y for a while. Scary stuff. And on top of that, I have to start looking for gainful employment in Hamilton - and I have to start now, because by the time I actually move down there again, all those young university students will have snatched all the fruitful positions (although I can hope that because I can commit to a full-time position, employers will give my resume some further weight...).

So much to do, so little time to do it in. And I thought things might get a little easier after deadlines were done! (Yeah, yeah - save the chiding about naivete, I've heard it all before).

So yeah, there you go. I haven't given up here. It's not something I can give up, seeing that I need an outlet for creativity, lest I explode. I'm just taking a bit of time - perhaps for the next few months, who knows? - to get things settled, get my positions staked out. After that, I'll see about restarting regular posting.

And now, I'm already up way too late. To bed!

Comments: Post a Comment

A webjournal of ideas, comments, and various other miscellany from a Texan university student (with occasional input from his family) living in Toronto, Ontario. Can you say "culture shock?"

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Transplanted Texan!

powered by Bloglet

< ? Texas Blogs # >
Entertainment Center

Solidaridad
"Con las víctimas, con la Constitución, por la derrota del terrorismo"

Search

The Transplanted Texan
The Web

Current Mood:



Latest Music On iTunes

Site Feed

Thoughts

On Truth
A Clarification On Media Bias
A Bit Of An Issue
[Defending My Position]
Canada And Cynicism
Inauthentic Authenticity
Conspiracy Theories
Conspiracy Theories, Redux
Musings

On 9/11 And Terror
Monochromatic Thinking
A Day Worth Remembering

On Politics And Public Issues
The Art Of Listening
The American System
A Clarification On Media Bias
Pleasure
A Bit Of An Issue
Little Longer Than Expected
Speaking For All Of Us?

On Poetry
Spirit
Counteract
Virus
Something I've Been Meaning To Do

(Some Of) What I Read:

Friends & Family

Canadiana

BlogRoll

Archives

Blog Links

Listed on BlogsCanada Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise

Subscribe with Bloglines