An interesting quiz to see what kind of political entity you are.
It would seem that I'm one of those ever-elusive "neocons" (though I've held these views for as long as I can remember, so the 'neo' seems out of place):
Neoconservatives?The Christian Science Monitor (producer of the quiz) summarizes my answers to its prompts with a bit more scorn than I like, but their anti-neoconservative bias aside, if I'm grouped with Teddy and Ronnie, I'm content.
- Want the US to be the world's unchallenged superpower
Hmmm...I would say that I see the US is the world's unchallenged superpower, but don't think it is a bad thing.
- Share unwavering support for Israel
Check - a Western Liberal Democracy in the Middle East? Heck yeah.
- Support American unilateral action
- Support preemptive strikes to remove perceived threats to US security
Half-check - there's pages I could write on this, but it's late...
- Promote the development of an American empire
Whoa, now. This is one of those things where I'm gonna have to disagree. Want to make me happy? Replace the word empire, or place a boat-load of modifiers in front of it. Niall Ferguson and I have a lot to discuss.
- Equate American power with the potential for world peace
Mmmm...perhaps. I don't think the world will ever be fully at peace, but I do see America as the world's best hope.
- Seek to democratize the Arab world
- Push regime change in states deemed threats to the US or its allies
Historical neoconservative: President Teddy Roosevelt
Modern neoconservative: President Ronald Reagan
Latest Music On iTunes