Tuesday, October 19, 2004
For The Record

There's an interesting brouhaha going on at Jeff Jarvis' place. Apparently Instapundit, Tony Pierce, and Stupid Kryptonite (whoops! I mean Oliver Willis), have gotten into a bit of a brawl over who is biased and who is pretending not to be. Needless to say, if you've been reading my blog for any length of time, I'm siding with Glenn on this one. But I also recognize the importance of Jeff's point:

I think that blogs should admit their bias; they should set the example for transparency. Even though it was quite evident that Glenn was voting for Bush, it's good he said so today...
So a call to bloggers: If you haven't yet said where your vote is going, please do. Don't assume we know; maybe we just discovered you. Out with it.
So, though it's rather obvious from context, I'll say it clearly and for the record:

I am voting for Bush. Indeed, I already have. Two weeks ago, I filed my absentee ballot, and on that ballot, I marked down a vote for Bush/Cheney.

So there it is: my bias, open for all to see. Try not to stare. Thanks.
Comments: Post a Comment

A webjournal of ideas, comments, and various other miscellany from a Texan university student (with occasional input from his family) living in Toronto, Ontario. Can you say "culture shock?"

Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Transplanted Texan!

powered by Bloglet

< ? Texas Blogs # >
Entertainment Center

Solidaridad
"Con las víctimas, con la Constitución, por la derrota del terrorismo"

Search

The Transplanted Texan
The Web

Current Mood:



Latest Music On iTunes

Site Feed

Thoughts

On Truth
A Clarification On Media Bias
A Bit Of An Issue
[Defending My Position]
Canada And Cynicism
Inauthentic Authenticity
Conspiracy Theories
Conspiracy Theories, Redux
Musings

On 9/11 And Terror
Monochromatic Thinking
A Day Worth Remembering

On Politics And Public Issues
The Art Of Listening
The American System
A Clarification On Media Bias
Pleasure
A Bit Of An Issue
Little Longer Than Expected
Speaking For All Of Us?

On Poetry
Spirit
Counteract
Virus
Something I've Been Meaning To Do

(Some Of) What I Read:

Friends & Family

Canadiana

BlogRoll

Archives

Blog Links

Listed on BlogsCanada Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on Blogwise

Subscribe with Bloglines